WHEN: Tuesday, March 6th at 6:30 pm
WHERE: Vienna Volunteer Fire Department
Enter through the side door and go upstairs
COST: $10 per person, including players
Cash Only – Pay at the Door
Family members are welcome to attend
Menu includes hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hotdogs, chili dogs, grilled chicken and chicken tenders
WHAT TO BRING:
Families with last names A-L: Side dish to share and don’t forget the utensils
Families with last names M-Z: Dessert to share (cookies, brownies or other easy-to-serve dessert)
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- RSVP to Molly Lipp at firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of people attending, including your player, no later than Tuesday, February 27th
- Bring cash to pay at the door on March 6th
Questions? Call or e-mail Molly at 703-966-8987
2018 James Madison High School
Baseball Tryout Guidelines
Varsity and JV tryouts will begin on Monday February 19th. Practice times are TBA. Both teams should be prepared for indoor or outdoor practice.
• All players trying out for the Varsity team will be evaluated by the Varsity coaching staff and JV players will be evaluated by the JV coaching staff.
• All players trying out for the baseball team will have a minimum of 4 practices with the coaching staff before cuts are to be made. All players will be evaluated on 5 main guidelines:
1. Talent – The individual trying out must display baseball talent during the tryout
2. Athleticism – The individual trying out must show the ability to be an athlete and show athletic skills associated with being a baseball player
3. Attitude – The coaching staff is looking for individuals who have a willing to learn attitude. The individual must also display a strong work ethic during the tryout
4. Coachability – The coaching staff is looking for individuals who have the ability to listen to the coaching staff and put the suggestions of the baseball staff into action
5. Projectability - The coaching staff is looking for individuals who based on their tryout show that they project to have the ability to have a bright future in baseball
Madison Warhawk Baseball is a nationally renowned program due to our past success. We are committed to finding the right group of young men to continue this storied tradition for Madison High School and the town of Vienna.
Tentative Tryout Schedule for JV Baseball on Monday February 19th is 5 to 8pm. This is a fluid schedule, as weather will dictate field availability and winter sports teams will dictate gym facility availability.
There will be a 2018 Baseball Interest Meeting after school (3pm) on Wednesday Jan 24th in the Weight Room. If you are interested in trying out this Spring you need to attend.
We will discuss Tentative Tryout schedule & Tryout Criteria.
Winter Athletes should plan to attend for about 10 minutes.
If you cannot attend, please see Coach Pudge