Paperwork Day is July 31, 2015 from 10:00 - 11:00 AM in front of the cheer/dance room. Bring all five forms:
- Physical 2015-2016 (Please be sure all pages are complete and signed)
- Emergency Care Card
- Participation Policy 2015-2016
- Last page of the 2015 JMHS Cheerleading Handbook
- Completed Intentions form
- Athletes and parents should also complete the concussion education video prior to this date
Please reference the "Team files" page/tab for further information.
Contact Coach Allen if you have any questions and/or you're unable to attend (email@example.com).
Monday-Wednesday, August 3rd-5th 9am - 12pm (tryout clinic to learn material)
Thursday, August 6th Varsity - 9AM; JV/Freshmen - 1PM
Please note attendance is mandatory for all dates and times above in order to be considered for the James Madison High School Cheer Program. Video try-outs will not be accepted.
What you need for try-outs:
- Completed VHSL physical (post-dated May 1, 2015)
- Completed Emergency Care Card 2015-2016
- Completed Participation Policy 2015-2016
- Completed Concussion Ed. videos (both athlete and parent)
- Signed last page of the JMHS Cheer Handbook 2015 (coming soon). Be sure to READ the handbook to learn more about what to wear and expect for tryouts!
- Completed Intentions Form (not applicable for rising seniors)
- Small groups will perform designated skills in front of qualified judges
- Each judge will be responsible for judging all skills
- At least one of the judges will be a coach from the team for which the candidate is trying out
- Each candidate will be required to perform: two chants, a cheer, a dance, two jumps (including combination), stunting, tumbling, and a timed 2 mile run
- Freshmen candidates are eligible to make any squad. Seniors can only make varsity.
- In order to be eligible for the varsity team, the candidate must: perform and land an unassisted back handspring or back tuck, his/her choice of an advanced jump (herkie, front hurdler, toe touch, or pike), and an assigned three-jump combination.
Please be sure to check the Handbook for further details.
Any questions? E-mail Coach Allen: firstname.lastname@example.org