CoEd Varsity Swimming
|James Madison High School||291|
|Northern Regions - Swim Finals (BOYS)||285|
The men's and women's swim and dive teams both took home the Northern Region crown tonight in a spirited meet against many of the state's top teams. The men narrowly defeated second-place Langley by a score of 291 to 286, while the women cruised to a nearly 100-point victory over runner-up Oakton. Both wins were the result of a complete team effort. More than 30 athletes competed over the weekend with nearly all scoring points.
The team boasted a number of region champions in both individual and relay events, including:
- Anna Keating - 200 IM (tied) and 100 breaststroke
- Sam Duncan - men's diving
- Elizabeth Kuhlkin - 50 freestyle
- Women's 200 medley relay (Rachael Holp, Anna Keating, Darby Galbraith, and Anna Miller)
- Women's 200 freestyle relay (Anna Miller, Alexandra Dicks, Anna Keating, and Elizabeth Kuhlkin)
- Women's 400 freestyle relay (Rachael Holp, Julia Downing, Genevieve Gemond, and Elizabeth Kuhlkin
The teams will move on to compete in the state championship in two weeks. The dive competition will occur at Oak Marr Rec Center on Friday, February 16. The swim competition will be held at George Mason University on Saturday, February 17.