2018 James Madison High School
Baseball Tryout Guidelines
Varsity and JV tryouts will begin on Monday February 19th. Practice times are TBA. Both teams should be prepared for indoor or outdoor practice.
• All players trying out for the Varsity team will be evaluated by the Varsity coaching staff and JV players will be evaluated by the JV coaching staff.
• All players trying out for the baseball team will have a minimum of 4 practices with the coaching staff before cuts are to be made. All players will be evaluated on 5 main guidelines:
1. Talent – The individual trying out must display baseball talent during the tryout
2. Athleticism – The individual trying out must show the ability to be an athlete and show athletic skills associated with being a baseball player
3. Attitude – The coaching staff is looking for individuals who have a willing to learn attitude. The individual must also display a strong work ethic during the tryout
4. Coachability – The coaching staff is looking for individuals who have the ability to listen to the coaching staff and put the suggestions of the baseball staff into action
5. Projectability - The coaching staff is looking for individuals who based on their tryout show that they project to have the ability to have a bright future in baseball
Madison Warhawk Baseball is a nationally renowned program due to our past success. We are committed to finding the right group of young men to continue this storied tradition for Madison High School and the town of Vienna.
The updated plan for the Varsity team on Monday February 19th will be practice from 8:45 to 11 and then 12:15 to 2:30 at Waters Field in Vienna.
There will be a 2018 Baseball Interest Meeting after school (3pm) on Wednesday Jan 24th in the Weight Room. If you are interested in trying out this Spring you need to attend.
We will discuss Tentative Tryout schedule & Tryout Criteria.
Winter Athletes should plan to attend for about 10 minutes.
If you cannot attend, please see Coach Pudge