Tryouts for the 2017 coed varsity golf season will span THREE DAYS across two different courses.
On August 1st and 2nd tryouts will be at Herndon Centennial GC. (http://www.herndongolf.com/) AND August 3rd they will be at Reston National (https://www.restonnationalgc.com/ ). Tee times at Herndon will begin at 8 am on 8/1 and 8:40 am on 8/2. Tee times at Reston National will begin at 1:24 pm on 8/3. Golfers are expected to attend all three days of tryouts. Golfers are responsible for providing their own clubs and must wear golf course appropriate shirt and slacks or shorts. Golfers are required to walk and carry or push their own golf bags. Each golfer will pay in the club house for their round of golf and any range balls they would like for warm-up. At Herndon the walking rate for tryouts will be $27.00 and range tokes are $7.00 per token. At Reston National the walking rate will be $20 per golf (includes round and range balls).
Please arrive no less than 1 hour prior to the 1st scheduled tee time so we will have an opportunity to make sure your paperwork is in order and we can go over the rules that will govern tryouts. It is expected that each golfer has an understanding of the USGA Rules of Golf.
If you wish to tryout please contact Coach Smith by email email@example.com to secure your spot at tryouts and so he can provide you with additional tryout requirements. Continue to check the website for announcements and updates related to tryouts. Any golfer who is planning on trying out must provide all required information to JMHS and notify Coach Smith of their intent to tryout prior to Friday, July 29, 2016.
Below you will see a list of requirements to be completed prior to tryouts. The documents/forms/education listed below should be completed and returned to the athletic trainer’s mail box in MAIN OFFICE over the summer. Please contact the office to confirm hours of operation.
You should KEEP A COPY OF EACH DOCUMENT FOR YOUR OWN RECORDS and bring an additional copy with you on the first day of tryouts just in case something gets lost. Failure to comply with or meet any of the requirements below will prevent you from trying out. The sooner you contact Coach Smith the sooner you can secure your tryout spot. Please do not call regarding tryouts or if you have questions. The best way to contact Coach Smith during the summer is by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a conversation please email your contact information and Coach Smith will contact you by phone.
Paperwork Required for Tryouts:
1. You must have a physical completed after May 1st 2016. The required physical form is attached to this link. No other physical forms will be accepted. Make sure all lines and signatures on this form are completed, including insurance company information.
2. You must have a completed Emergency Care Form to turn into your coach on the first day of tryouts.
3. Each golfer must complete the Athlete Concussion Education Program. You can find the link for this program at the bottom of the page provided in this link.
4. A parent or guardian for each golfer must complete the parent/guardian Concussion Education Program. You can find the link for this program at the bottom of the page provided in this link.
5. You will also need the participation pledge that should be brought with to the first day of tryouts. Please wait to complete this form until FCPS updates the form for the 2017-18 school year. You can monitor this website and watch for the updated form to be released.