Tryouts for the 2014 coed varsity golf season will be August 4th and 5th at Herndon Centennial GC. (http://www.herndongolf.com/) Tee times will begin at 8am both days. Specific tee times will be determined closer to tryout dates. Golfers are responsible for providing their own clubs and must wear a collard shirt and slacks or shorts. Each golfer will pay in the club house for their round and any range balls they would like for warm-up. The walking rate for tryouts will be $25.00 and range tokes are $7.00 per token. Please arrive no less than 45 minutes prior to your scheduled tee time so we will have an opportunity to make sure your paperwork is in order and we can go over the rules that will govern tryouts. It is expected that each golfer has an understanding of the USGA Rules of Golf.
If you wish to tryout please contact Coach Rauenzahn by email (email@example.com) so he can provide you with a start time and additional tryout requirements. Continue to check the website for announcements and updates related to tryouts. Coach Rauenzahn will provide start times to each golfer who is trying out by Friday, August 1, 2014.
Below you will see a list of requirements to be completed prior to tryouts. The five documents/forms listed below should be completed and returned to the MAIN OFFICE between the hours of 8am and 2pm over the summer. There will be a new participation policy for the 2014-15 SY that has not yet been released. Please look for it towards the middle or end of July. Do not use the old version as it will not be accepted by FCPS Or JMHS.
You should KEEP A COPY OF EACH DOCUMENT FOR YOUR OWN RECORDS and bring an additional copy with you on the first day of tryouts just incase something gets lost. Failure to comply with or meet any of the five requirements below will prevent you from trying out. The sooner you contact Coach Rauenzahn the sooner you can secure your tryout spot. Please do not call regarding tryouts or if you have questions. The best way to contact Coach Rauenzahn during the summer is by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paperwork Required for Tryouts:
1. You must have a physical completed after May 1st 2013. The required physical form is attached to this link. No other physical forms will be accepted. Make sure all lines and signatures on this form are completed, including insurance company information.
2. You must have a completed Emergency Care Form to turn into your coach on the first day of tryouts. http://www.warhawksports.org/library/files/warhawksports/files/ECC.pdf
3. You must complete the Athlete Concussion Education Program. You can find the link for this program at the bottom of the page provided in this link.
4. A parent or guardian must complete the parent/guardian Concussion Education Program. You can find the link for this program at the bottom of the page provided in this link. http://www.fcps.edu/sports
5. Located on the website below you will find the participation policy that should be brought with to the first day of tryouts. AGAIN THIS FORM WILL BE UPDATED BY THE MIDDLE OF JULY. MAKE SURE YOU USE THE FORM WITH THE 2014-15 SCHOOL YEAR ON IT.