2015 COED Varsity Golf Team Tryout Information
Posted on: Wednesday, May 06, 2015
Tryouts for the 2015 coed varsity golf season will be August 3rd and 4th at Herndon Centennial GC. (http://www.herndongolf.com/) Tee times will begin at 10am on 8/3 and 8 am on 8/4. Golfers are responsible for providing their own clubs and must wear golf course appropriate shirt and slacks or shorts. Golfers are required to walk and carry their own golf bags. Each golfer will pay in the club house for their round of golf and any range balls they would like for warm-up. The walking rate for tryouts will be $25.00 and range tokes are $7.00 per token. Please arrive no less than 1 hour prior to your scheduled tee time so we will have an opportunity to make sure your paperwork is in order and we can go over the rules that will govern tryouts. It is expected that each golfer has an understanding of the USGA Rules of Golf.
If you wish to tryout please contact Coach Rauenzahn by email (email@example.com) to secure your spot at tryouts and so he can provide you with additional tryout requirements. Continue to check the website for announcements and updates related to tryouts. Any golfer who planning on trying out must provide all required information to JMHS and notify Coach Rauenzahn of their intent to tryout prior to Friday, July 31st 2015.
Below you will see a list of requirements to be completed prior to tryouts. The documents/forms/education listed below should be completed and returned to the athletic trainers mail box in MAIN OFFICE between the hours of 8am and 2pm over the summer.
You should KEEP A COPY OF EACH DOCUMENT FOR YOUR OWN RECORDS and bring an additional copy with you on the first day of tryouts just in case something gets lost. Failure to comply with or meet any of the five requirements below will prevent you from trying out. The sooner you contact Coach Rauenzahn the sooner you can secure your tryout spot. Please do not call regarding tryouts or if you have questions. The best way to contact Coach Rauenzahn during the summer is by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a conversation please email your contact information and Coach Rauenzahn will contact you by phone.
Paperwork Required for Tryouts:
1. You must have a physical completed after May 1st 2015. The required physical form is attached to this link. No other physical forms will be accepted. Make sure all lines and signatures on this form are completed, including insurance company information.
2. You must have a completed Emergency Care Form to turn into your coach on the first day of tryouts.
3. You must complete the Athlete Concussion Education Program. You can find the link for this program at the bottom of the page provided in this link.
4. A parent or guardian must complete the parent/guardian Concussion Education Program. You can find the link for this program at the bottom of the page provided in this link.
5. Located on the website below you will find the participation pledge that should be brought with to the first day of tryouts. Please wait to complete this form until FCPS updates the form for the 2015-16 school year.